Thursday, September 10, 2009

This is our life!

I just wanted to explain my afternoon. The kids decided not to nap until around 3pm. I woke them up at 4:10 and put on a new diaper and told them they could snack downstairs. This is a typical routine for us, my kids don't nap well and when they do, they fall asleep later in the afternoon. This usually means I have to wake them up so they will fall asleep at night. This routine means unhappy and grumpy kids because they were not able to get a full nap in. We had a busy day today with playgroup at our house, I put out the bouncy house in the living room and they played for a long time with friends. I knew they were tired, but they fight naps!



After we woke up, I came downstairs and started dinner (tuna lasagna...YUM)! While sauteing onions, I lost Isabella. I found her upstairs on the potty. She was inspired to be on the big potty because Emma and Patrick are potty trained and they were playing with us today. This is fine and dandy, but then the other two strip off their diapers and proceed to potty. Therefore, while onions are cooking I have Bella on the upstairs potty, Jake on my potty, and Kendall on the 1/2 bath potty. Kendall has to have the door closed, Bella and Jake don't care. I get the lasagna put together and then found out that Jake clogged up the master bedroom toilet with toilet paper so I have to plunge that. Molly our dog in the midst of all of this pee's upstairs on the carpet. She felt left out and wanted to go potty too! While trying to get everyone in one place so I can get diapers on everyone, Jake is jumping in the bounce house butt naked and Kendall is butt naked trying to get her tike bike up the slide so she can ride her bike in the bounce house....and once again I've lost Bella! If you are under 5 in my house you need potty training, this means the dog too!

Poor Chris, he then walks in the door! Everyone is diapered and we eat lasagna!

Who knows what this week will bring, but I can ensure you it's going to be a wild ride!

3 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E IT! Neena, you are truly doing a GREAT job.... just in case you haven't heard it in a while!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah started this week too. Actually I told him he didn't have a choice, when your child comes to you and plain as day says "No mommy I don't want to wear my big boy unerwear I wear a diaper, it is time" It has been 3 1/2 days only 2 accidents (not counting the fact that pooping on the potty is like chinese to him so we don't even go there). Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you now habe time to do this! Will look forward to EVERY posting! ... Granddaddy

    ReplyDelete